Friday, April 8, 2011

Oven Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Baked Fries

We were supposed to have my husband's boss over for dinner on Monday, but he didn't make his flight so we changed it to Wednesday.  I wanted to save the recipe we were planning for when he came over, but already had 4 chicken breasts thawing.  I also had some ricotta cheese in the fridge that needed to get used up so I went on the hunt for something that combined the two and found this recipe.  It's definitely worth keeping and would definitely impress company.  Rich and filling for sure!

Today's Ingredients:
1 cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Season salt



Preheat your oven to 350.  Lightly grease a baking dish or
cookie sheet.

The original recipe calls for walnuts and I am not a big fan
of walnuts and I already had pecans so I used those.

It didn't say to toast them in the recipe, but I did because
it adds a nice flavor when you toast them in a pan.

After they are nice and toasty chop them up.  Just under
a cup whole pecans or walnuts will result in 3/4 cup
chopped.

Mix together the ricotta cheese, pecans, parmesan cheese
bread crumbs, oregano and then I briefly sauteed the 
garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and added that.  Makes
a difference! 

All mixed together.  It was less wet than I expected so
maybe use a little less bread crumbs than it calls for.


I had 4 chicken breasts instead of 6 and first pounded
them very thin and then placed the ricotta mixture on
half of each breast.  I probably overfilled them trying
to use up the filling so if you cook 6 you wouldn't have
this much mixture.


Roll each half over and secure with toothpicks.  Brush
a little olive oil on the top and sprinkle with just a little
season salt.  Bake them for 45 min.

THE SIDE
I had some potatoes to use up and it's a super easy side
to make.  My sister showed me this a few years ago
and I use it often when I need a quick side dish.

You'll need:
Baking potatoes
Nonstick spray (butter flavored preferred)
Season Salt


I used 3 potatoes, but it's easily scalable depending on
how many people you are cooking for.


First cut your potatoes into about 1/8-1/4 inch slices.
I have this cool crinkle cutter I got from pampered chef
years ago that is perfect for cutting these.


Spray your cookie sheet and lay all your potatoes
down.  Spray them with the nonstick spray.


Sprinkle them with Season Salt - I used Penzey's smoky
4/S Season Salt that is so good.  Turn them all over
and spray and sprinkle again.


That is it.  Cook them on 350 for about 20 min.  It will
be a little more or a little less depending on the thickness
of your potatoes.

So delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment