Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Double-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

This recipe calls for stuffing chicken breasts under the skin. I'm not a big fan of skin on my chicken so I changed this up so it would work for skinless breasts.


So delish! I am totally making this again soon.


Today's Ingredients:
½ cup small shell pasta
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
Four 8-10 ounce chicken breasts
3 cups store-bought marinara sauce


Heat your oven to 350. Get your water boiling and pasta cooking. Cook the pasta for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.


Take your chicken breasts and pound them with a meat mallet until super thin. I've needed a mallet for awhile but have never had one so I picked one up for target for about $6.


I halved all the ingredients since I was only making 2 chicken breasts. Once the pasta is cooked, mix together with the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and parsley.


Makes such a delicious filling.


If you are using a chicken breast with the skin on this is where you would stuff the filling up under the skin. I put the mixture on half of the chicken breast.


And the folded the other half over and secured with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.

Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.


Put parchment paper over your baking sheet and place the chicken breasts with the toothpicks still in them. Make sure to remove all of the toothpicks once the chicken is done and it will stay together.


Bake for about 50 minutes and serve over marinara sauce that has been heated up. Top with 1 tablespoon parsley. I added the all parsley accidentally to the mixture and didn't top with it and it was yummy.

For the kiddos I just cooked up extra pasta shells and had some leftover meatballs that I chopped up finely and added to the marinara sauce and then mixed everything together. I think Matthew thought it was the best dinner ever!

Double Stuffed Chicken Breasts Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment